- This webpage is being hosted by the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMC). However, UMC does not claim to provide services for all conditions listed on this webpage.
- The primary purpose of this webpage is for educational and informational purposes only. It is not meant to be a diagnostic tool, but instead a tool that can help guide individuals in the community to locate appropriate mental health resources. Only a qualified mental health professional should be able to diagnose any individual with a psychological disorder.
- It is important to note that only selected mental health diagnoses were included on this website, based upon prevalence rates and availability of services throughout the state of Mississippi. If individuals have concerns about their child or adolescent’s mental or physical health that are not listed on this webpage, they are encouraged to visit their medical and/or mental health provider to discuss such concerns.
- Additionally, it is important to note that competency areas of providers were based upon the providers' responses to surveys mailed to them by the Mississippi Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (MS AAP). The MS AAP did not independently evaluate each of the providers listed, and cannot guarantee the areas of competency reported by each listed provider.
- This webpage contains links to information for providers, especially in the central MS area, who were contacted by the Mississippi Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (MS AAP). However, the MS AAP was not necessarily aware of every provider of mental health services throughout this state, acknowledging that some providers may unintentionally have been left off this webpage. We do not claim that this is a comprehensive list of all providers throughout the state of Mississippi, and encourage providers who may not currently be listed to contact us with their information for inclusion on this webpage (firstname.lastname@example.org).